Tuesday, April 24, 2012

People ask so I shall share

Recently with more people finding out I write I get asked more and more questions. There are two though that always pop up in every conversation.

Q: Why do you choose to read Paranormal Romance over any other genre of books?

A: Well, it is a genre that as being a hopeless romantic myself still lets me also escape. What I mean is I get my heavy heart throb romance but to the point where it still lets my mind wander. If I were to read a book that had people for characters it would seem to real and I feel like I would get jealous to be honest. With Paranormal Romance I know it can never happen so I just enjoy the romance of it. For example one of my favorite series, Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian is about human girls finding their should mate who are Vampires. Unfortunately, Vampires are not real and can never be so it is just fun for me to read and see the Romance play out with out jealousy. The Notebook, by Nicholas Sparks on the other hand I have not read and do not plan too as their relationship plays out too perfect and again I would get jealous as it is actual people in a relationship that pans out perfectly.

Q: Why do you prefer to write Paranormal Romance?

A: Let's tackle this peace by peace. I love writing Paranormal for the same reason I love reading it. It is a way to escape into a different world. Plus it is a world I created all on my own. Now for Romance. I guess it is a way for me to write the dream relationship that is in my head. It is a way to let me live vicariously through my characters. Yes in my books I make sure at least the main couple fights a few times as all relationships have that but over all it is a way to in a way form what I would think is a close to  perfect relationship. Bumps and bruises along the way are also just for fun. No one likes to read about a couple that doesn't argue. It sounds mean, buts its true. We all like at times to see we are not the only ones with imperfect lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment